Class 10 Chemistry Chemical Industries Notes Punjab Curriculum
Chemical Industries MCQ`s ,Short Questions and Long Questions Free PDF Download Punjab Curriculum
Chemistry Chapter 16 Chemical Industries Complete Notes MCQ`s, Short Questions and Long Questions
“ Gaining knowledge ,is the first step to wisdom,Sharing it ,is the first step to Huminity”
Chapter 16 Chemical Industries Notes Key Points
- Metallurgy is technique by which metals are extracted from their ores.
- Concentration is a separating technique in which mineral is separated from gangue.
- Sodium carbonate is manufactured by Solvay’s process. The raw materials used in this process are sodium chloride, carbon dioxide and ammonia.
- Ammonical brine is prepared by dissolving ammonia gas in sodium chloride
- solution. When this solution is carbonated; first NH4HCO3 forms, which reacts with NaCI to form NaHCO3.
- NaHCO3 on heating produces Na2CO
- Urea is manufactured from ammonia and carbon dioxide. First Ammonia and
- carbon dioxide react to form ammonium carbamate. On evaporation, it dehydrates to form urea.
- Petroleum is a complex mixture of hydrocarbons. It forms by the decomposition of dead animals and plants buried under the Earth’s crust.
- Crude oil is pumped out and then refined in the refineries. Refining is carried out by fractionaldistillation on heating crude oil at 400°C.
- The important fractions of petroleum are; petroleum gas, petroleum ether, petrol, kerosene oil, diesel and fuel oil.
- The residual oil is heated above 400°C to produce lubricants, paraffin wax, asphalt and petroleum coke.
Class 10th Notes Punjab Board
Join EILM.COM.PK Learning Program
A student’s also look the latest Posts,and go to Blog for the Latest Stories,
Discoveries, Fun Activities, Exam Tips, and more.