Class 10 Physics Chapter-13 Electrostatics Notes Punjab Syllabus
Electrostatics Notes Free PDF Download Punjab Curriculum
10 Physics Unit-13 Electrostatics Notes
“ Gaining knowledge ,is the first step to wisdom,Sharing it ,is the first step to Huminity”
Summary of Unit 13: Electrostatics
- Electric charges are of two types, positive charge and negative charge. Like charges repel each other and unlike charges attract each other.
- Electrostatic induction is the process of charging a conductor without any contactwith the charging body.
- Coulomb’s law states that the force of attraction or repulsion between two chargedbodies is directly proportional to the product of the charges and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.
- Electric field is a region of space surrounding a charged body in which a unit positive point charge can experience a force.
- Electric potential at any point in the field is defined as the work done in moving a unit positive charge from infinity to that point. Unit of potential is volt which is equal to one joule of work done in moving one coulomb of positive charge from infinity to that point.
- Capacitor is a device which is used to store electric charge. Capacitance is the ability of a capacitor to store electric charge. Its SI unit is farad (F). If one coulomb of positive charge given to one of the plates of the capacitor develops a potential difference of one volt, then its capacitance will be one farad.
Class 10th Notes Punjab Board
Join EILM.COM.PK Learning Program
A student’s also look the latest Posts,and go to Blog for the Latest Stories,
Discoveries, Fun Activities, Exam Tips, and more.