Class 10 Chemistry Biochemistry Notes Punjab Curriculum
Biochemistry MCQ`s ,Short Questions and Long Questions Free PDF Download Punjab Curriculum
Chemistry Chapter 13 : Biochemistry Complete Notes MCQ`s, Short Questions and Long Questions
“ Gaining knowledge ,is the first step to wisdom,Sharing it ,is the first step to Huminity”
Key Points of Biochemistry Notes Punjab
- Carbohydrates are polyhydroxy aldehydes or ketones. They are classified as monosaccharides, oligosaccharides and polysaccharides.
- Monosaccharides are unhydrolyzable consisting of 3 to 9 carbon atoms. They are sweet, crystalline solids soluble in water.
- Oligosaccharides hydrolyze to give 2 to 9 units of monosaccharides. They are also sweet, crystalline solids soluble in water.
- Polysaccharides consist of hundreds to thousands of monosaccharides. They are tasteless, amorphous solids insoluble in water.
- Carbohydrates are naturally synthesized macromolecules. They are found in fruits, vegetables, cereal foods and milk.
- Carbohydrates are main source of energy.
- Proteins are nitrogenous compounds made up of amino acids. Thousands of amino acids are bonded through peptide linkage to form proteins.
- Sources of animal proteins are meat, butter, chicken, fish and eggs.
- Proteins are used by human beings as they are essential to form protoplasm.
- Lipids are macromolecules made up of fatty acids. They are oils and fats.
- Fatty acids are long chain saturated or unsaturated carboxylic acids.
- Lipids are high energy compounds. They are synthesized naturally by animals, plants and\ microorganisms.
- Nucleic acids are long chain molecules made up of nucleotides.
- Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is a long double stranded molecule and is responsible for transmitting genetic information to next generations.
- Ribonucleic acid (RNA) is a single stranded molecule. It is responsible for formation of proteins.
- Vitamins are necessary growth factors. They are divided into two types:
- Fat soluble (A, D, E and K) and water soluble vitamins (B complex and vitamin C).
- Vitamins play a significant role for proper growth and development of our body.
Class 10th Notes Punjab Board
Join EILM.COM.PK Learning Program
A student’s also look the latest Posts,and go to Blog for the Latest Stories,
Discoveries, Fun Activities, Exam Tips, and more.