Class 10 Physics Chapter-14 Current Electricity Punjab Syllabus
Current Electricity Free PDF Downloadable Notes Punjab Curriculum
10 Physics Unit-14 Current Electricity
“ Gaining knowledge ,is the first step to wisdom,Sharing it ,is the first step to Huminity”
Summary of Unit 14 : Current Electricity
- The time rate of flow of electric charge through any cross section is called electric current.
- The current due to flow of positive charge which is equivalent to current due to flow
- of negative charge in opposite direction is known as conventional current.
- Ampere is the SI unit of current.
- e.m.f. is the total amount of energy supplied by the battery or the cell in moving a one coulomb of positive charge from the -ve to the +ve terminal of the battery.
- Ohm’s law states that the current I passing through a conductor is directly proportional to the potential difference V applied across its ends provided the temperature and physical state of the conductor do not change.
- Resistance R is a measure of opposition to the flow of current through a conductor. Its SI unit is ohm. It is denoted by the symbol Ω. When a potential difference of one volt is applied across the ends of a conductor and one ampere of current passes through it, then its resistance will be one ohm.
- Materials in which electrons can freely move so as to pass electricity are called conductors while in insulators no free electrons are available for the conduction of electricity.
Class 10th Notes Punjab Board
Join EILM.COM.PK Learning Program
A student’s also look the latest Posts,and go to Blog for the Latest Stories,
Discoveries, Fun Activities, Exam Tips, and more.