Class 10 Physics Information and Communication Technology latest Notes
Information and Communication Technology Notes Free PDF Downloadable Punjab Curriculum
Unit-17 Physics Information and Communication Technology
“ Gaining knowledge ,is the first step to wisdom,Sharing it ,is the first step to Huminity”
Summary of Unit 17 :Information and Communication Technology
- The scientific method used to store information, to arrange it for proper use and to communicate it to others is called information technology.
- The methods and means that are used to communicate information to distant
places instantly is called telecommunication.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is defined as the scientific
methods and means to store, process and transmit vast amounts of information in
seconds with the help of electronic equipment.
- Flow of information means the transfer of the information from one place to
another through different electronic and optical equipments.
- In telephone, information can be sent through wires in the form of electrical
signals. In radio, television and cell phone information can be sent either through
space in the form of electromagnetic waves or it can be sent through optical fibres
in the form of light signals.
- There are five parts that must come together in order to produce a Computer-
Based Information System (CBIS). These are called the components of information
technology. These are: hardware, software, data, procedures and people.
- Information storing devices store the information for later use and benefits. These include audio cassettes, video tapes, compact discs, laser disks, floppy disks, and
- Telephone changes sound into electrical signals and sends these signals to the
receiver. The receiver changes the electrical signals again to sound by a system
fitted in the receiver.
- Mobile phone is a sort of radio with two-way communication. It sends and receives
the message in the form of radiowaves.
- Fax machine is the means to send the copy of documents from one place to another
through telephone lines.
Class 10th Notes Punjab Board
Join EILM.COM.PK Learning Program
A student’s also look the latest Posts,and go to Blog for the Latest Stories,
Discoveries, Fun Activities, Exam Tips, and more.