10 Physics Basic Electronics Notes
Basic Electronics Notes Free PDF Downloadable Punjab Curriculum
Unit 16 Physics 10 :Basic Electronics Notes
“ Gaining knowledge ,is the first step to wisdom,Sharing it ,is the first step to Huminity”
Summary of Unit 16:Basic Electronics
- Electronics is that branch of applied physics which deals with the control of motion of electrons in different devices for various useful purposes.
- The process of emission of electrons from the surface of hot metal is called thermionic emission.
- Cathode rays are electrons which are emitted from the hot surface of cathode and travel towards anode due to potential difference.
- Beam of electrons emitted from cathode surface can be deflected by electric and magnetic fields.
- The cathode-ray oscilloscope is an instrument which can be used to display the magnitudes of rapidly changing electric current or potential. It consists of the following three parts: the electron gun, the deflecting plate and a fluorescent screen.
- Those quantities which change continuously with time are known as analogue quantities. And the quantities which change in discrete steps are called digital quantities.
- Electronic devices have become integral part of our daily lives. Television,computers, cell phone, audio and video cassette recorders and players, radio, hi-fi sound system have made our lives more comfortable and pleasant.
- The branch of electronics which processes the data being provided in the form of analogue quantities is called analogue electronics.
- The branch of electronics which processes the data being provided in the form of digits is known as digital electronics.
- Logic gates are the circuits which implement the various logic operations. These are digital circuits which have one or more inputs but only one output.
- There are three basics logic gates: AND gate, OR gate and NOT gate. While NAND gate and NOR gate are combinations of these basic gates.
- The AND gate is a logic gate that gives an output of ‘1’ only when all of its inputs are ‘1’. The OR gate is a logic gate that gives an output of ‘0’ only when all of its inputs are ‘0’. The NOT gate is a logic gate that gives an output that is opposite to the state of its input.
- The truth tables are tables which give the values of the inputs and outputs of the basic types of logic gates or combination of such gates.
Class 10th Notes Punjab Board
Join EILM.COM.PK Learning Program
A student’s also look the latest Posts,and go to Blog for the Latest Stories,
Discoveries, Fun Activities, Exam Tips, and more.